As a Travel Professional of course I love to travel but I love to educate as well! Since COVID we have been in the house celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, baby showers, seniors are getting ready to graduate, special moments, and so much more. The world as we know it has changed. But not all things have closed! Normally we head out on a cruise, go to Canada, Detroit, Cincinnati, or just name it. So with it being Travel Advisor Day I wanted to do some advising!
TOP 5 MUST HAVES FOR TRAVELING NOW
1. Sign Up for STEP: The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service that allows U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
2. When traveling always carry 2 forms of ID. A copy of your birth certificate and ID, or ID and passport. Rule of thumb- take a picture of them and send a secure email to someone who will be able to print them and fax or email them over if you lose them. Bonus: Have Kids Get them a photo ID especially if traveling domestically.
3. Travel or Trip Protection: Make sure that the in case situations are covered and know your rights. Will they cover luggage, flight delays, and medical if so up to how much? Bonus: Read this to SAVE $$ https://www.venturesawaytravel.com/blog/whats-in-your-wallet
4. The best App to use for Traveling is TripIt. You can create your itinerary. Share it with family, keep a photo of travel documents on here in a secure folder, or share with a group you are traveling with.
5. Know the new hotel, resorts, airlines, bus, train, or however you are going policies. Where there were no policies for in case of COVID -19, there are now. Therefore, cancellation policies have changed, refund policies, social distancing policies, and capacity policies are being put in place.
Top 6 places to Getaway Right Now that are Open
1. Belamere Suites in Perrysburg, OH and Cumming, GA. Offering 4 types of suites Grand Royal, Royal, and Presidential Swimming Pool Suites and an Ultimate Whirlpool Suite you will be sure to enjoy. Each location has different offerings check before at https://www.belameresuites.com/
2. Sybaris: 5 locations across Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin offering 7 suites. Enjoy one of 7 suites from there Swim Spa Suite to a Whirlpool Suite, or maybe enjoy a Swimming Pool Suite. Each location has different offerings check before at https://www.sybaris.com/
3. Adventure Suites in North Conway, New Hampshire offering 19 suites. Just two or have a group of up 16. They have suites for everyone. Sleep in rooms of luxury that resemble Caves, a Treehouse, the Jungle, a simulated Haunted Castle, and more ! https://adventuresuites.com/all-suites
4. Chateau Avalon in Kansas City, Kansas. Love the idea of themed rooms? Love history? How about Casablanca, Lincoln Bedroom, or Egyptian Palace, perhaps Castaway Isle, or Monte Cristo Suite or Tuscany. There are so many to choose from. This hotel even offers a spa, and wedding services. https://chateauavalonhotel.com/
5. Champagne Lodge Luxury Suites in Willowbrook, IL offering a standard, premium, executive, and swimming pool suite. Looking to propose or have an anniversary coming up there is a package for that. https://www.thecl.com/
6. Landoll’s Mohican Castle in Loudonville, Ohio. Our favorite quick getaway with or without the kids. Small cottages some connected to each other. An indoor pool house with pool table game room, Jacuzzi, grotto, and sauna. Can be rented out for a minimum $300 after 10pm! Restaurant right on site. In room spa services. Jacuzzi in every cottage and some have one on the deck. https://landollsmohicancastle.com/
Opening in June
Bungalows Key Largo- Adult Only Resort in Florida and All- inclusive No passport Need ID Only! Waterfront and garden views with outdoor soaking tubs. Six dining options, top self-libations, and activities included. Approximate Reopening June 26th (subject to change) https://www.bungalowskeylargo.com/
Also, resorts in Cancun, Dominican Republic, and Jamaica looking it open some as early as June 1st
contact Ventures Away Travel to book your Experience Today!
Dreaming now and traveling later?
Want a staycation check out https://www.venturesawaytravel.com/virtual-tours.html