Have you been wanting to go to an All-Inclusive Resort, but have been stuck? They all appear so appealing, I know. Look no further, I will help you sort through all the information. Let’s get started!
Ask yourself, do you want to be in Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, or somewhere else? Location is prime when choosing All-Inclusive resorts. Now to begin the process of elimination. Would you rather be on an island surrounded by water or would you rather visit a resort in a country connected to the United States? Once location is determined you can continue in your search. Also, in determining location you can base it off distance, which brings us to number 2.
If you have taken a flight anywhere you have probably realized the cost can be heavily determined by distance. If you live in Miami, booking a flight to Jamaica or Dominican Republic will be cheaper, than someone who lives in New York or perhaps Oregon. Therefore, take distance into consideration before booking that flight. Flights can range from $150- $1200 per person or more round trip if not careful.
3. Family or Couples
Looking for family friendly resorts Nickelodeon, Riu, or Club Med may be a very intriguing place. These properties cater to families boasting waterparks, kid clubs and activities. Also, rooms specifically for children. Perhaps adult only resorts are up your alley one may book Sandals or Couples Resorts. Romance and relaxation is key at these properties bringing luxury and pampering for couples. During your planning process know who is traveling in advance in order to begin the booking process.
4. Vacation Package
How can you get the best rates? Book your flight and resort together as a package vacation. Travel Concierge services can find vacation packages that offer upgrades, resort credits, VIP services, transportation, and more. Coupons might also be available for usage. Never be afraid to ask or click https://www.venturesawaytravel.com/plan.html. Also, be aware that payment plan options are great ways to save.
Do you enjoy a good spa, gym, kayaking, or paddle boarding? What do you want to enjoy? Resorts can offer a variety of amenities based on clientele. Are you into walking directly onto the beach or wouldn't mind a 5-10 minute drive or walk? When choosing amenities make sure that there is not a limit to how often you can enjoy it. Also, make sure there is not an extra fee to enjoy non-motorized water sports which are included in the majority of All-Inclusive stays at neighboring resorts.
Do you have a favorite cuisine you like or love? Do you have an evolved pallet or would like to evolve? Dining is a big part of your All-inclusive experience. Researching restaurant options will save you plenty of disappointment upon arrival. Most resorts offer 5-6 restaurants including a buffet. Also, resorts have specialty restaurants from seafood, Italian, French, Moroccan, and more. If you are #foodie this will be a main factor in choosing an All-Inclusive as well as beverages and pairing.
Everyone knows that going to bars can add up. Hey, bartender may I have a Pina colada ($9) and a ginger ale($2). If you do this 4 times a day for five (5) days your total is $220. Well if you love lounges and different bars and drafts, resorts are the place for you. Some resorts have swim-up bars, specialty lounges, and so forth. Also, some resorts include the mini bar in your room and will restock it during the duration of your stay.
Are you getting away for relaxation or to party? You must consider this when choosing an All-Inclusive resort. For instance, Breathless and Temptations provides a vibrant atmosphere with theme parties and fun. Also, boasting a younger crowd majority of the time and those looking for extreme fun. However, Couples Tower Isle and Rendezvous allow one to breathe, relax, and rejuvenate.
Jazz, Reggae, Salsa, what is your preference? Do you want to just sit on the resort and be bored, well where is the fun in that? Entertainment is a spin off of the atmosphere. Go DJ, no DJ, Live Band, it is your choice. Can you dance, is it important? These are questions you must ask yourself. Resorts are designed to accommodate your greatest vacation fancy all in one place, some have accomplished the dream better than others. For instance, the Palladium Groups Chic Cabaret is a perfect blend.
Deluxe, Junior Suite, Ocean view, Standard, Swim-up and more. Wait! Standard and Deluxe look the same, well the devil is in the details and the amenities. Deluxe offers upgrades such as bathrobes, slippers, luxury bath amenities and free room upgrade if available. See details, did you also look at the square footage, 512sqft versus 654sqft will add extra money to your stay. Of course, the other room categories speak for themselves. However, when choosing a swim-up notice if it is closed off from the neighboring rooms or is it the same distance to the pool. Why? This will tell you if you have complete privacy or just a portion of the open pool. Read the room details or check sister properties.
10. Exchange Privileges
Lastly, does your resort offer exchange privileges or Stay at 1 Play at 2. Riu and AmResorts (Breathless/Secrets/ Now/ Dreams) offer these privileges. What does this mean for you? Enjoy restaurants, bars, lounges, and some offer waterpark admission.
Whatever your idea of a dream vacation you can accomplish it through an All-Inclusive resort. You are able to sit back, relax, enjoy great food, entertainment, and all for one price. So, Choose Wisely.
Everyone knows there are over 2 million places to travel by plane, car, bus, or trains and end up in a hotel. Face it we all can spend 3-7 days at a resort, touring a town or city, or kicking it with the locals. However, have you ever had Jamaican jerk chicken in Jamaica? Have you ever went from Aruba to St. Lucie to St. Kitts all in 7 days? Have you ever went bowling at sea, saw Central park at sea, played laser tag at sea, and the list goes on? Here are 5 reasons to Cruise.
1. Excursions: Cruising allows for you to have adventures on multiple islands in a matter of days. One day you are snorkeling in a cave in Belize, the next day on a beach in Cozumel, Mexico. The excursions list is extensive. In most places swimming with Dolphins are cool, in others swimming with Pigs are in style. Excursions do cost extra however, with certain cruise lines a credit can be included with your fare.
2. Entertainment: In cities across the country we have Broadway shows, Cirque Du Soleil, comedy shows, and more. If you went to every show you wanted to see in a year, how much would it cost? Don’t forget dinner, a babysitter, drinks, and parking. Well you get the picture. Majority of the shows onboard cruise ships are included unless an exclusive show is being offered with an a la carte meal (we will get to that shortly). Do you want to cross a Broadway production off your list, how about a popular comedian, maybe a live water show performance, or maybe that date night? A cruise is the way to go!
3. Dining: Some cruise lines start out with a minimum of 10 dining options on their smaller ships. Now on larger ship the numbers can max out at 22-24 dining options. Well which ones are included you ask? All cruise lines offer a buffet and at least 3-5 complimentary options to go with the buffet. The other dining options are called specialty dining or a-la-carte (per purchase menu items). Depending on which cruise line chosen a few specialty dining nights can be included in your cruise experience.
4. Beverage: I know what you are thinking why wouldn’t my drinks be included? Well unless you are in a main dining room or buffet or only drinking tea, coffee, and juice. Your beverages are not included especially if you stop at a bar and ask for a ginger ale, Pepsi, or libation. Again beverage packages are available some are high, some are not. Some cruise lines allow you to only pay for the gratuities and/ or taxes (20%) of the beverage package. Keep in mind other cruise lines allow you to purchase the beverage package but govern the amount of alcohol you can consume. For example: placing limits on the time between beverages and how many you can drink a day.
5. Date Night: How often do you travel with your children? How often do you have date night? Well, on a cruise they have kid clubs. The clubs are open during the day for free and they will watch the children for a nominal fee late nights. Therefore, parents can have date night every night on a cruise.
Cruising is awesome for many reasons those are just five to help you make your decision. If you want to cruise with us https://www.venturesawaytravel.com/book-now.html
As a Travel Professional of course I love to travel but I love to educate as well! Since COVID we have been in the house celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, baby showers, seniors are getting ready to graduate, special moments, and so much more. The world as we know it has changed. But not all things have closed! Normally we head out on a cruise, go to Canada, Detroit, Cincinnati, or just name it. So with it being Travel Advisor Day I wanted to do some advising!
TOP 5 MUST HAVES FOR TRAVELING NOW
1. Sign Up for STEP: The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service that allows U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
2. When traveling always carry 2 forms of ID. A copy of your birth certificate and ID, or ID and passport. Rule of thumb- take a picture of them and send a secure email to someone who will be able to print them and fax or email them over if you lose them. Bonus: Have Kids Get them a photo ID especially if traveling domestically.
3. Travel or Trip Protection: Make sure that the in case situations are covered and know your rights. Will they cover luggage, flight delays, and medical if so up to how much? Bonus: Read this to SAVE $$ https://www.venturesawaytravel.com/blog/whats-in-your-wallet
4. The best App to use for Traveling is TripIt. You can create your itinerary. Share it with family, keep a photo of travel documents on here in a secure folder, or share with a group you are traveling with.
5. Know the new hotel, resorts, airlines, bus, train, or however you are going policies. Where there were no policies for in case of COVID -19, there are now. Therefore, cancellation policies have changed, refund policies, social distancing policies, and capacity policies are being put in place.
Top 6 places to Getaway Right Now that are Open
1. Belamere Suites in Perrysburg, OH and Cumming, GA. Offering 4 types of suites Grand Royal, Royal, and Presidential Swimming Pool Suites and an Ultimate Whirlpool Suite you will be sure to enjoy. Each location has different offerings check before at https://www.belameresuites.com/
2. Sybaris: 5 locations across Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin offering 7 suites. Enjoy one of 7 suites from there Swim Spa Suite to a Whirlpool Suite, or maybe enjoy a Swimming Pool Suite. Each location has different offerings check before at https://www.sybaris.com/
3. Adventure Suites in North Conway, New Hampshire offering 19 suites. Just two or have a group of up 16. They have suites for everyone. Sleep in rooms of luxury that resemble Caves, a Treehouse, the Jungle, a simulated Haunted Castle, and more ! https://adventuresuites.com/all-suites
4. Chateau Avalon in Kansas City, Kansas. Love the idea of themed rooms? Love history? How about Casablanca, Lincoln Bedroom, or Egyptian Palace, perhaps Castaway Isle, or Monte Cristo Suite or Tuscany. There are so many to choose from. This hotel even offers a spa, and wedding services. https://chateauavalonhotel.com/
5. Champagne Lodge Luxury Suites in Willowbrook, IL offering a standard, premium, executive, and swimming pool suite. Looking to propose or have an anniversary coming up there is a package for that. https://www.thecl.com/
6. Landoll’s Mohican Castle in Loudonville, Ohio. Our favorite quick getaway with or without the kids. Small cottages some connected to each other. An indoor pool house with pool table game room, Jacuzzi, grotto, and sauna. Can be rented out for a minimum $300 after 10pm! Restaurant right on site. In room spa services. Jacuzzi in every cottage and some have one on the deck. https://landollsmohicancastle.com/
Opening in June
Bungalows Key Largo- Adult Only Resort in Florida and All- inclusive No passport Need ID Only! Waterfront and garden views with outdoor soaking tubs. Six dining options, top self-libations, and activities included. Approximate Reopening June 26th (subject to change) https://www.bungalowskeylargo.com/
Also, resorts in Cancun, Dominican Republic, and Jamaica looking it open some as early as June 1st
contact Ventures Away Travel to book your Experience Today!
Dreaming now and traveling later?
Want a staycation check out https://www.venturesawaytravel.com/virtual-tours.html
We all have been stuck in the house lately. Whether you have been working from home or homeschooling. At this moment in time we all need a break. Adults need a break from kids and kids need a break from adults. Right? Some of us are like, we are taking a vacation the kids are staying home. Others are researching family destinations, Disney, and more. However, should your vacation be for the FAM or for 2 is totally up to you. Here are 3 travel options to help you with you decision.
1. Nickelodeon Punta Cana Resort All-Inclusive
Offering 208 rooms and suites, 10 restaurants, 4 pools, a spa, kids club, Aqua Park, character experiences and more. There is fun for the entire family. All guest indulge in a Gourmet Inclusive Experience which redefines luxury vacation. The family will receive gourmet meal and specialty bites (no additional charges), unlimited beverages, personal concierge service, character meet and greets plus photo ops, special tastings exclusively for adults and more. Did we mention that it has Just Kiddin’, a supervised kids club for ages 4-12 allowing for adult time. New Location in Riviera Maya Coming Soon
2. Couples Resorts Jamaica All-Inclusive Adults Only Just the 2 of You? Why not pick Jamaica? Couples Resorts offers four resorts to choose from. Need help? Here I will help you!
3. Road Trip for All I know it is sort of cliché but a good road trip can spark interest. Oh, where shall we venture to? Here are some ideas well from Ohio of course:
Capital One uses this catchy phrase, but really what is in your wallet? Discount cards, Membership Cards, Driver’s License, Insurance and Medical Cards. Right? A few people may have some business cards of your own or that you picked up along the way. Wait! What about the credit card you carry for those what if situations?
When it comes to our insurance cards we all know about our deductible or benefits. Do you know if your credit cards has benefits? According to Gallup the average American has or has had one credit card. Take a look at the top 5 benefits overlooked by credit card holders.
1. Roadside Assistance
All Visa cardholders have access to roadside assistance by calling 1-800-847-2869 and paying a nominal fee (restrictions due apply). American Express Gold Card, United MileagePlus Card, and Many More.
2. Price Protection
An item might be advertised for a lower price, which you can be reimbursed for the difference in price. They say every penny counts.
3. Rental Car Insurance
The insurance can depend on the vehicles make and model. Do not forget to decline the rental cars company insurance.
4. Trip Insurance
Some companies require the entire trip to be purchased on the card. Although there are a few that will allow partial payment of the trip to be placed on the credit card and they will cover the trip.
5.Baggage Delay Coverage
A sample of coverage on a card could include a benefit of up to $100 per day for 5 days for the reimbursement of essentials such as toiletries and clothing. Best card is through Chase Sapphire.
Before going on that next vacation, booking that rental car, or renewing AAA. Check your wallet! Why miss out on discounts deals or more? When you could save today and travel in security tomorrow.
Have you ever been to a spa? Did you go for a massage, nail treatment, facial, body scrub, or sea weed body wrap? Come on… did you spend way over the amount you thought it should have been? Were the services great or just ok? When relaxing you don’t want to pay for an overpriced conversation you could have had in a grocery store line. Everyone knows that one massage therapist or manicurist that talks during your quality time with yourself! But how do you pick a good spa or treatment? Do you use Groupon.com to find a good deal, a referral, or Google? How do you pick a spa?
Here are a few ways to pick the right spa for you:
Every family has those traditions! Grandma cooks we eat. One year at aunt's house the next at this cousins. How about the famous dishes? Stuffing for some, dressing for others. Mac ‘n’ Cheese, cranberry sauce, turkey, and ham. Should I keep going? However, after a week or two of eating the same things Thanksgiving and Christmas, all you talk about is a vacation. Well let’s face it the kids are out for two weeks during Christmas, but most people think of vacation during the summer months. Why, not take a trip for the holidays?
The entire family can plan a vacation or you and your household can take that adventure. What are reasons to explore for the holidays?
Well now that we have gone through that tidbit, what about the rest of the family? Offer them the option to come! If their answer is anything besides yes, do not be regretful. You have one life to live! See the lights, feel the snow or sun, eat lobster for the holiday. Time to plan that get away 2020 is underway will you be doing the same thing this year or taking that adventure? Let us know!
Want some ideas to help you plan click the link below to begin.
Hey, have you ever wanted to plan a trip but didn’t know where to start? Man down! Right? You open this search engine then the next one. Oh hold on, a pop up shows you that another site could have it cheaper so you click, click, click, click, and…..CLICK. Listen, you know those are everyday funnels that funnel you to all of Expedia Group Companies or that of another company! So, you are still making them money. Don’t believe me click the link https://bit.ly/38YkYYP. Now that I have your attention.
Why go down the rabbit hole when you don’t have to. The endless pop ups, ads, or commercials. Yes, travel professionals are here for the rescue! Wait, but let me tell you we aren’t free, a miracle worker, have super powers, or pull mom and pop discounts. It will not matter if you are a relative, friend, associate, or hater, twice removed or so on. This is a job and I will not be fired due to bad work habits.
Clicking buttons and searching sometimes can appear easy. It makes it look easy to put vacations together when they pop up. However, you want that personal touch, the A-Z approach, and a check-up. You want 5 star treatment even if you have a lower star budget. Yes, I know I do. I want my extra pillows, tea in the morning, balcony room, first floor preference and so forth.
We will funnel you to the proper discounts, payment plan, and budget! When planning for a vacation the best place to start is https://bit.ly/36UsEt7. Travel Girl 216 is a TripAdvisor planner as well by clicking the link you will find major cities can be found, great places to stay, and eateries.
Don’t get funneled, get a professional!
Most people want to pack their entire life in a suitcase for vacation. I know I did. Thinking oh my will I need this? How about that? They might not have this where we are going. Is this you? Are you left with an overweight luggage, sitting pondering over and over if all of that is necessary? Then guess what you don’t need it.
Yes, that’s right you do not need it. Did you know the average airline charges for the first luggage and the second luggage just might be double? How about some airlines charge after the first 40-50 lbs. So, after paying for your already expensive flight you arrive at the airport and are charged possibly another $50- $150 or more.
By now you might be asking what to do? Well…Pack a carry on depending on the amount of days you will be traveling. For instance, if you are traveling for 1-8 days a carry on luggage will be perfect. Make sure you check your airlines dimension and pricing if applicable. Here is just a small example of what you would could pack.
We could go men vs. women packing but that will be a different blog. However, the rule of thumb is;
1 pair tennis shoes worn through the airport
1 pair of water shoes that double as sandals, house shoes, or more (pack)
1 pair of dress shoes (pack)
Ladies 3 dresses, 2 swimsuits, garments, 3 pair of shorts/pants/capris, 5-6 interchangeable tops
Men 2 swim trunks, garments, 3 shorts/pants, 2 pair dress pants, 2 dress shirts, 3 casual shirts, 3 t-shirts.
This list should get you started! You can change or alternate between what you choose. I use packing cubes because they keep everything nice and neat. Packing cubes are also easy to unpack.
Also, be mindful of TSA’s little 3-1-1 rule for liquids. All liquids must be in a 3.4 ounce container or smaller, all containers must be in a 1 quart size clear bag, and only 1 bag allowed per person. Before you go check with your destination and find out what is complimentary, (shampoo, conditioner, types of soap, etc.) This can save room in your luggage.
Please check what you can and cannot pack in a carry on. Therefore, no nunchucks, swords, pet dragons, or anything that can get you kicked out of the airport or placed on the do not fly list.
If you keep all of this in mind packing should be easy! Right? For more information on packing a carry on or purchasing items to assist click below!
How many of us sit and sit. Oh and sit looking for deals, steals, and other discounts. We as a society have become accustom to finding things we need for a much affordable price that will fit our budget. However, is that how we travel? Yes, there are great places like groupon, frontier, spirit, or expedia that will show amazing deals, but are you missing other discounts that could save you more.
Here are just a few ideas to get you saving:
We all I hope decide to purchase travel protection. According to the U.S Census Bureau 70.2% of Americans have credit cards. When was the last time your credit cards worked for you? Before purchasing a vacation look at the benefits of your credit cards. Does it cover travel protection? If so, you just saved $39-$100 automatically based on the price of your vacation. All you have to do is book your entire vacation using the card. For example: most Chase credit cards will cover luggage delays, trip interruption or cancellation, medical expenses, and more.
Nowadays there are all sorts of reward programs. Hotels, airlines, and Amtrak just to name a few. However have you ever researched deeper? Has the light bulb went off at 2am trying to find that last minute deal only to keep getting popup after popup on who has it cheaper. Then you find it cheaper only to realize you still have to pay for the checked luggage, your preferred seating, and carry-on. Why wait for that start saving in advance. Southwest not only has a Rapid Rewards credit card, they have Dining. Which allows you to dine out at certain restaurants and receive points. Sign Up Today https://bit.ly/2BRGtva
Yes, there is a discount for that! Majority of Americans 50 and over qualify for AARP. However, there is a low yearly cost associated with the membership. While you might not be intrigued to pay for a membership one can still receive discounts on travel. Marriott and Hyatt hotels offer a discount for persons 62 and older. Choice Hotels 60 and older. The list of possibilities keeps going.
Now that you have some idea of how to save money start practicing. Stay tuned for more discount savvy ways to save.